Friday, January 21, 2011

Sleepless nights

Judging by the title of this entry, you probably expected to hear about a baby that's waking me up all night, etc... well, that was the case last night, but not tonight... Last night CJ woke about every 3 hours crying in pain and just wanting mommy to hold him & let him chew on my fingers, which of course I did. Then finally @4am I decided to give him some infant tylenol (as the teething tabs have been recalled, never got to try them), and finally he slept for a good 4 hours before waking up for the day. He also was too cranky to nap well today, and again, just wanted me to hold him and let him chew on my fingers...

After reading all of that, you're probably thinking: "gee, you must be tired...". Yes, I am. However, I have developed some kind of Mommy-insomnia or something. I get in bed and just think and think and think... and then every noise I hear worries me, and every sound CJ makes worries me, and I start thinking: "I better not fall asleep, because as soon as I do, he'll need me..." Which is NEVER the case... And I've been having pretty severe back and neck pain, which keeps me awake too, even after stretching. Experienced mommies of the world, is this normal? AND: I must admit that I am starting to long for CJ to wake up and need me... he's getting so big that I feel like I'm going to blink & he'll be off to college and not need me at all anymore. :( Sad mommy.... Also, I had TONS of work to get done today (which I just finished, yay me!)...

All this to say: I'm awake! & it's 12:42am... CJ went down at 9:30... what's my problem??? I should be sleeping! Hopefully I will get into a better groove as far as sleep goes soon... & Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! All the stay-at-home-moms of the world say: AMEN!... that means Daddy's home for the weekend and I can get some other stuff done besides being my son's personal slave... um, i mean mom! :)

May God bless you today.
Just had to add this photo for your viewing pleasure! Isn't his expression hilarious??? I can tell already he's going to be quite the comedian! :) & that is his beautiful gal-pal Addison. Isn't she a doll??? :)

3 comments:

  1. "The Happiest Baby on the Block" GET IT! Its a video by Karp Harvey, and M.D from UCLA. He suggest the 5 S's which help your baby stop crying. It is an incredible video about the "fourth trimester" In other words babies are prone to feel uncomfortable after birth because they are used the "womb atmosphere". The video show you how to immulate the womb by swadling, shushing and other great techniques that assist your baby in feeling more comfortable = no crying. Check this vid out it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the dvd and the book if you would like to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to Kathryn! will you be at the next birth circle?

    ReplyDelete