Sunday, January 9, 2011

One step forward, two steps back

Despite my oh-so-productive day yesterday, I find myself with a crap-load of stuff to do today... and I don't want to do any of it... I remember the days before CJ was born when I would work so hard to get my laundry and housework done on Friday nights so that we could just RELAX & enjoy our weekend!!! Those days are gone... Now it is a constant uphill battle to keep our house looking semi-presentable & organized. If only I didn't care about hygiene and order... Today, Juan and I are up to our eyeballs in clean laundry that needs to be folded & put away (the four loads from yesterday plus three more today), and Juan just put together CJ's highchair, and I have lots of work to get done by tomorrow. On the plus side: we made it to church on time (which was actually early because I had to work in the nursery and they ask us to be there 30 minutes before the service starts), and CJ did really well in there, although I can't say the same for many other babies that were in there, it was like cry central in there today. Fellow moms of babies, tell me if you agree... A baby crying is the WORST sound in the world. It makes me want to cry... if it's my baby I just want to make it better, whatever "it" is, and if it's other babies, I feel similarly, but if it lasts too long, it's just like: "make it stop!" please... my, um, motherly parts can't take it anymore; give me that kid, i'll feed him if i have to! (jk, i wouldn't do that...unless they needed it...whatever, that's another post)... So, I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. I talked to my dad this weekend and he says he may be out here next month! :) I hope that is true because I could really use some dad time & CJ could use some Papa time :) Hope it's a great week for you all; it's a busy one for us. I have joined a birth circle (i think that's what it's called) which is tomorrow night, tuesday we are just hanging, wednesday i have bible study at our house, thursday i have MOPS and we have dinner w/ friends :), and friday is our supper 6 dinner at our house... Here goes nothing!!!!!!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. You are an amazing woman and I admire you so much!! You are doing an great job with CJ and I am so glad to be sharing motherhood with you!! Please remember I am available to hold and love on CJ while you get things done if you need it!! Take this week one day at a time...see you Wed and Thurs Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, welcome to my favorite dance step: the Mommy Shuffle ... one step forward, two steps back. It has a variation that goes two steps forward, one step back. But that's for later. 8)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me think of a beautiful poem called Song for a Fifth Child by Ruth Hulburt Hamilton.

    Mother, oh Mother, come shake out your cloth,
    Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
    Hang out the washing and butter the bread,
    Sew on a button and make up a bed.
    Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
    She’s up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

    Oh, I’ve grown shiftless as Little Boy Blue
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).
    Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
    (Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo).
    The shopping’s not done and there’s nothing for stew
    And out in the yard there’s a hullabaloo
    But I’m playing Kanga and this is my Roo.
    Look! Aren’t her eyes the most wonderful hue?
    (Lullaby, rockaby, lullaby loo).

    The cleaning and scrubbing will wait till tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I’ve learned to my sorrow.
    So quiet down, cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I’m rocking my baby and babies don’t keep.

    ReplyDelete