Monday, February 7, 2011

You have GOT to be kidding me...

My baby is SICK!... not a shock to the mother who has taken him to the DR. three times in the last week, and who has been turned away with a: "he's fine..." each time, with the exception of the last time when they said: "he might have a little infection, here, rinse his nose w/ saline & he'll be fine in a couple days..." What the...?

So, as my little guy got worse and worse, my mommy instincts told me: "screw the DRs, you know he's sick!... and getting worse...", so after being up w/ CJ from 2-3am without any luck consoling him we decided to take him to the E.R...

Luckily, the E.R. DRs' brains WERE working & within a few minutes of seeing CJ (which didn't happen until after we'd been there for 6 hours...), the DR told us he has RSV... She then ordered an Xray of his chest to see if he had pneumonia... The xray came back w/ a spot that looked like Pneumonia, but DR said it could also just be the RSV, but she decided to treat him as though he has pneumonia... The DR gave us his prescriptions and discharged us after being in the E.R. all night...

CJ & I dropped Daddy off at home so that he could get ready for work and try to get out there before the day was a total loss. CJ & I then headed off to Walgreens pharmacy to fill his prescriptions... We dropped them off, and were told it would take 15 minutes, so we walked the store... finally they called us and guess what? There was a problem w/ the prescription... Apparently the way it was written was not covered by CJ's Medi-Cal, so they told me they'd "fax" something to the dr and it would be ready in a couple of days...!! WHat??????? I explained, ever so calmly (NOT), that I had a VERY sick baby who needed his medication ASAP, as he cannot eat or sleep due to the congestion and coughing... the pharm tech told me I could call the hospital to speed the process along, which I did... I called the pharmacy back & told them the direct line to the nurse I spoke w/ and she said she'd take care of it and call me back right away...

An hour later, I called back only to be told the exact information as before: "your insurance won't cover it the way it's been written..." . No freakin way?!... I re-explained everything and gave the phone #, and she asked me if the E.R. had given us the mask for the inhaler... ? NO. They said that's part of the prescription... Only to be told it wasn't... GREAT!... I told her that I needed this taken care of ASAP, she said she'd contact the hospital and call me back right away...

TWO hours later I call back only to hear that it's there and it's been ready... REALLY???? Why couldn't you freaking call me & tell me that when you know I have a very very sick baby??? UGHHHHHHH!!! I was SOOOO angry... It took everything in me when i got to the store not to jump over the counter and strangle her w/ her litttle vest when she asked me if i needed anything else... REALLY? REALLY?...

SO, we finally got the meds and gave them to him around 3:15pm... So far they don't seem to be doing much but hopefully he'll be on the mend soon.

Sorry this post has been so negative, just needed to vent. I can't stand people messing w/ my kid!

May God bless you today...

1 comment:

  1. You have every reason to be angry. You are a mama bear wanting to provide and protect her little cub. I'm praying for you Rachel!!!
    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete