Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day:: I love my boys! (all of them)

In honor of Valentine's Day I have decided to post about all the boys/men in my life! To be fair, I will post in order of their appearance in my life.

First, there's my dad.
The man whom all other men are measured against... He was an amazing husband to my mom; took care of her up until the end... He is such a proud father and has always believed in our "potential"... (although as a kid that really irritated me... no matter how well I did, he'd tell me I could do better, that he knew my potential...) He provided for us so well, worked hard so that we could have everything we needed and most of the things we wanted. He has always been the one person I knew I could go to and he'd make everything better, that is, until I met my husband... But I guess that's the goal of a good father: to take care of your daughters until they meet an amazing man who can take care of them for you. He set a great example of what a husband should be, and took us to church every Sunday so that we could learn about and get to know our heavenly father. That is the greatest gift he gave me. I love you daddy!

Here's a photo of my two best men: Dad & Husband! :) (Christmas morning 2009)
Next, there's my husband, Juan!
Ya, he's pretty much perfect. For me. He is every single one of my dreams come to life in one man. He is the most gorgeous creature who ever walked this earth as far as I'm concerned. He is the smartest person I have ever met, by FAR. He is also the strongest person I've ever met... He's been through much more than you would ever know from meeting him. He is so kind and gentle, he listens to me and occasionally even opens up himself to show me the most vulnerable parts of him. He does everything with our future in mind; he is a planner. He graduated from college with his Bachelor's degree in Business, made it possible for us to buy two cars and a house, and have a beautiful baby boy. He is the best part of my day. When I used to work, I just loved the idea of coming home to find his truck in the driveway... Seeing him is coming home for me. Knowing him has taught me more about love than anything else in my life. He is an amazing father and I am so glad that CJ has such a great example of God's love and provision for his life. I could talk about Juan forever, but to put it simply, he is what makes me happy and safe.

Here's a picture of my three best guys.
Next, there's my precious pooch, Coal.
This picture says it all! He is so cute and sweet... He was our "practice" for kids. Ya, he was nothing like having a baby, except that I fell in love with him right away... I can't wait to have him back inside (he's been an outside dog since CJ was about a month old, because we've had my dad's dog and he wasn't fully house-broken, so they've been outside buddies...). I am just excited to see him interact w/ CJ & see CJ interact with him. I think they will love eachother and have a ball! :)

Here's a photo of my dad (Papa) with CJ & both dogs...
Last, but certainly not least, is my sweet baby boy! Carter James (CJ)

From the moment I laid eyes on him, I knew a new kind of love. I am still amazed that God has trusted me to be this angel's mother. He was absolutely beautiful from day one. He was so tiny, I had no idea what I was doing, all I knew was that I loved him and I'd do everything in my power to make sure that he's always safe and happy. My protective instincts have been sharpened so much since he's been born. He is a challenge, and a joy. He has taught me so much about myself and about God's love for me. I now have a better understanding of the sacrifice God made for me, by sending his son to be sacrificed so that I can live. The greatest sacrifice I can imagine now... He is growing so quickly, I can hardly remember holding him when he was a newborn and his head was the size of the palm of my hand. What a precious gift he is... I cannot imagine this life without him.


Thank you God for all my boys... I am so blessed and surrounded by love.

One more picture of my hubby & my baby cuteness...

Happy Valentine's Day!
May God bless you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment